‘Electric scooter fire’ leaves flat damaged

Friday, 16th July 2021

A MAISONETTE was partially destroyed in a fire early yesterday (Thursday) morning.

Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a blaze in Sutterton Street, just behind Caledonian Road.

It is believed it began when an electric scooter caught fire.

Most of the ground floor and part of the first floor were damaged by the flames.

A man and a woman had left the building before the London Fire Brigade arrived and another woman was treated at the scene.

Passers-by said they could smell the smoke from Caledonian Road Overground Station after the fire broke out at around 7am.

Related Articles